The last week was a hectic one, followed by an unusually quiet weekend. Every evening after work was spent in going for one event after another, including an Odyssey dance performance, a dinner at a dosa joint with friends, a dinner to celebrate the birthday of a friend at a nice place that serves Spanish tapas, another birthday party... Little wonder that although I had enjoyed myself, I hardly wanted to step out of home on Saturday. A good chunk of this blessed day was devoted to sleep... glorious sleep.
My uncle, recently having returned from a vacation to France and Belgium, presented me with a book on recepies for Gazpachos. I'm looking forward to trying out one of them (after the rennovation of our kitchen is complete), and simutaneously, a few French lessons, as the book is in French.
I tried reading a little French poetry this evening. Some of it is pretty beautiful, provided you understand it first. I suppose I should start reading more English poetry too. I'm missing out on something.
I'm back to work tomorrow. I'll turn in for the day now.
My uncle, recently having returned from a vacation to France and Belgium, presented me with a book on recepies for Gazpachos. I'm looking forward to trying out one of them (after the rennovation of our kitchen is complete), and simutaneously, a few French lessons, as the book is in French.
I tried reading a little French poetry this evening. Some of it is pretty beautiful, provided you understand it first. I suppose I should start reading more English poetry too. I'm missing out on something.
I'm back to work tomorrow. I'll turn in for the day now.
No comments:
Post a Comment